We All Have Different Chapters That Get Bounded Together to Create a Unique Story.
My Career Highlights
- Dedicated 29-year investment banking career focused on serving family businesses
- Deep national experience and relationships in private equity, family offices and flexible capital solutions
- Leadership role for Cascadia in marketing, channels, and growing S. California market
- Transaction experience covers a broad range of industries both in the Pacific Northwest and across the U.S.
My Personal Interests
- Passionate about global travel, enjoying life experiences as a family and learning through travel. Traveled as a family to the Galapagos Islands, Turkey, Greece, Borneo, Myanmar, Australia, Sweden, France, UK and Thailand. A personal life journey to Antarctica was among the most incredible experiences of my life, capped off with a polar plunge in freezing water. In 2018, celebrated my 20th anniversary with my most important client (my wife) on an amazing trip to Paris, Santorini and Amalfi. Celebrated our soon-to-be empty nesting with a family extravaganza experience to South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana for safari and a 70 meter free fall off Victoria Falls bridge with my kids. Life is about experiences!
- Passionate fan of the Chicago Cubs and enjoyed the ride at the World Series in 2016 all the way through the epic game 7 victory!
- Love an active lifestyle and enjoying the outdoors, including running, skiing, boating, fishing, golf and tennis
My career has spanned a broad range of investment banking experiences including sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, equity private placement, debt placement and strategic advisory work in transactions ranging from $25 million to $4 billion.
I have a particular passion and expertise in advising family businesses.
I founded the firm’s middle market investment banking practice, focused on advising leading private and family companies nationally and in the Pacific Northwest. I also have a national practice covering a range of world-class CEO and board level relationships across the U.S., and I lead the firm’s family business efforts.
Over my career, I have built a substantial network of public company CEO’s across a wide variety of industries. These CEO relationships have been a pivotal part of my ability to provide a differentiated level of advice and value-add to my private and family company relationships to facilitate such things as board participation, strategic advice and transaction related work.