With over 330 registered attendees, more than 25 speakers and panelists, and hundreds of individual meetings and connections made, the 2022 Cascadia Connect Robotics, Automation and AI (“RAAI”) conference in Pittsburgh was over the top!
The Fairmont Pittsburgh was the epicenter of the event which took place from May 2-4, 2022. We were fortunate to have hosted this gathering in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University, Innovation Works, and the Pittsburgh Robotics Network – all of whom have been instrumental in the region’s emergence as a hotbed of innovation to date and will continue to be key resources for the greater RAAI community.
We named our this conference “Connect” for a reason: to create connections among all of us in the RAAI ecosystem that would start at the Conference and endure after. Connections are what will help our ecosystem grow and evolve, and it was our goal to create an environment that would spur active dialogue and high-value networking for everyone – a goal we believe was achieved!
As can be expected from an event of this caliber, there are many takeaways. Please find below a brief conference recap, conference materials, images from our welcome reception and conference activities, and coverage of the conference by leading RAAI media outlets. Enjoy and see you next year!
Recap & Resources
- Download Conference Recap
- Read Conference Welcome Letter
- View Conference Agenda
- See Conference Speakers
Panel & Speaker Videos
Welcome Reception at Kingfly Spirits – May 2, 2022
Cascadia Connect RAAI Conference – May 3, 2022
In the News
Read and listen to conference coverage from leading RAAI media outlets:
Listen to Geekwire’s Podcast recorded live at the Cascadia Connect Conference:
Listen to Manufacturing Happy Hour Podcast recorded live at the Cascadia Connect Conference:
Part 1 – Focusing on Robotics Clusters & Academia
Part 2 – Focusing on Robotics Investors and Growth Companies
Listen to the Robot Report recapping the Cascadia Connect Conference:
Read additional coverage and related articles:
- ‘We’ve literally run out of human beings’: Robots rise in wake of pandemic and labor shortages – Geekwire, April 28th
- It’s such a good feeling, a very good feeling, for Pittsburgh to know it didn’t win Amazon HQ2 – Geekwire, April 29th
- Four key challenges robots need to overcome to play a bigger role in business and industry – Geekwire, May 2nd
- The robots aren’t coming for your jobs –at least according to these AI and robotics leaders – Geekwire, May 3rd
- Ag-tech’s heavy lifting: Rock-picking startup among those seeing demand for automation on the farm – Geekwire, May 3rd
- Pittsburgh Robotics Network, Silicon Valley Robotics, and MassRobotics Announce Alliance at Cascadia Connect – Robotics 24/7, May 4th
- Even with SPACs in sharp decline, this Seattle investment bank remains bullish on finding a robotics target – Geekwire, May 5th
- Backed by Amazon and newly public, Aurora accelerates self-driving tech, starting with trucks – Geekwire, May 6th
- Robotics CEOs Talk Warehouse Automation at Cascadia Connect – Robotics 24/7, May 6th
- Our robot partners: Inside a research lab exploring the future of human-machine collaboration – Geekwire, May 20th
- Inside an Amazon robotic sortation center: How automation is changing the ‘middle mile’ – Geekwire, May 23rd
- How this Amazon engineering outpost is translating its unique geographic position into growth – Geekwire, May 27th
Thank you to our partners!