- Emmert is a manufacturer and marketer of advanced nutritional solutions to the companion animal and livestock industries. The Company produces $25M+ in revenue, with 80% of sales to the companion animal market.
- A six-generation family-owned and managed business, Emmert has developed a proprietary manufacturing process that enhances the functionality and palatability of yeast in both companion animal foods and livestock feeds.
- The Company’s yeast ingredients are formulated with food-grade and sustainable co-products from American beverage manufacturers. Historically viewed as a provider of high-quality plant-based protein, Emmert continues to elevate its market position, now competing against palatants and functional ingredients.
- With only two members of the sixth generation participating in operating the business, the family decided it was necessary to sell the company in order to maintain family harmony.
- Cascadia was hired pursuant to a competitive pitch process – and chosen over an incumbent investment banking relationship – due to our experience in transacting companion animal and value-added ingredients businesses and our proven access to key domestic and international strategic buyers.
Our Specialized Approach
- With a desire to consummate a transaction by year end, Cascadia and the Company worked collaboratively to rapidly draft an information memorandum and construct a five-year operating model.
- Cascadia was tasked to provide ownership with a variety of counterparty options and ran a targeted auction including approximately 20 strategic and 20 financial counterparties.
- Cascadia’s access to key strategic counterparties and knowledge of their investment focus resulted in an 80%+ uptake in signing the transaction NDA and reviewing the information memorandum.
- Eight parties submitted IOIs, and parties invited to management meetings offered valuations in excess of 12.0x forward EBITDA.
- Cascadia and the Company have accelerated pre-LOI diligence to drive certainty into the process and expedite time from signing an LOI to close. LOIs will be received by the end of October, with anticipated closing by year end.